Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Honeymoon's Over

We've been home a week now and I still feel like I only want to write about the honeymoon. But I realized last night, when I was leaving work at 7:45 PM, the honeymoon really IS over.
So, we'll move into the present and maybe revisit a couple of events from the past week.
Like Rob losing his wallet. Or maybe my promotion at work. Perhaps Rob picking his car up from the garage where it's been since July 21, only to go two miles before smoke came pouring out of the rear brakes, just not the rear brake he initially went to get repaired. Maybe we'll share the most juvenile video you've ever seen that Rob, Gretchen and I made on Wedensday night as we laughed ourselves into delirium. See, so many things!
But, before I go, I'll tell you one story from our helicopter tour.
You remember Chuck, right? Our helicopter pilot. Kind of a funny man--like funny in the way that he's so NOT funny, he becomes funny. During the helicopter tour, somewhere between the Top Gun music and the woman in the back seat asking him "who's your favorite celebrity you've taken on a tour?" and "do you ever get hired to work on movies?", Chuck says, in a very dry, deadpan way,
"One of the things that is interesting about Hawaii is there are no predators. No snakes. No mountain lions." (long, silent pause) "Only Man."
So I pick up the microphone and say: "Well......dinosaurs."
Chuck, not catching on to my hilarious sense of humor, replies, again in his flattest, most deadpan voice: "No. No dinosaurs. Only in the movies."

Clearly, we proved him wrong.

Kauai-JP07

No comments: