Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Rob's Birthday

Rob turned 35 last Friday and began the celebration with a Chest X-Ray. Isn't that how most men celebrate their birthday? Look carefully and you can see his birthdate on the transparency. You can also see that Rob is full of air.

Chest X-Ray
Rob's Chest X-Ray

Usually I like to throw Rob a big birthday party but with that other "Big Party" on the horizon, we decided to wait until next year. Not having any backup plans, I decided to take him out to the Red Tractor Cafe. We used to enjoy eating at Red Tractor when it was on College Avenue in Oakland but it's been well over a year since it moved to Dublin, CA which, though only 25 miles East, feels a little far to travel for "No-Meat Loaf", cooked carrots and garlic mashed potatoes.
Well, you can imagine Rob's delight when he realized where I was taking him for dinner. And can you now imagine my dismay when we realized they've dropped the "No-Meat Loaf" from the menu! I was crestfallen. Rob ended up eating scrambled eggs, carrots and mashed potatoes on his birthday (no gravy) and I had macaroni and cheese (lukewarm--could be why I look sooooo lovely in the photo).

Red Tractor
Dinner at Red Tractor Cafe

Luckily, the disppointment didn't last long as he came home to open some prezzies.
Starsky and Hutch, Season 1, from me.
Seinfeld, Season 1&2 from my mom.
Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 3, from I-boy.
And a Krups Sandwich Maker from Rob's mum and dad (this is going to get a lot of use on Saturday afternoons after playing footie!)

On Sunday, we went to see our friend Kevin's hockey game. COME ON YOU OWLS, WHOOOOO, WHOOOOOO!

K-Jo Hockey
Kevin Takes A Spill

And out for a pint afterwards with our friends--from L to R: Gretchen, Kevin, Chris, Tim and Kari (holding some Branston Pickle!)

Pacific Coast Brewing
Post Game Pint




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red Tractor? Starsky and Hutch? You two have too much money.