Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Brushing up on our Olympic sport.

We've had a few requests for our photos of the curling lessons we took during the Winter Olympics, which if I can remember was in February sometime.
We found out that there is a club in Fremont which is about 35 minutes away from Oakland and it just so happened that they were giving free lessons a few days later.
We followed the Olympic curling pretty closely and although I knew it would be alot harder than it looks I thought I might be a little better at it than I was, Kari was pretty good though. Actually to give myself some credit, I was quite a natural at sweeping ( Must be all the practice I get at home). We were taught how to throw the stone properly and how it curls, also when and how to sweep properly, all very interesting stuff, you may laugh but how many of you watch golf on TV? no one? good.
We had a fantasic time and are now looking at other winter sports that we can take up for the next Olympics, a couple of years ago we spent every other week pushing a broken down 1962 Volvo from one side of the street to the other to avoid street cleaning tickets, so we're thinking of taking up the 2 man bobsled.


Rob looking much better than the actual result.


Kari send the rock down


Anyone got a vacuum?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP that's awesome! More pictures, please! Truly, you are now my curling-friends.

"Oh, do you know Kari and Rob? They're my curling-friends."

I like the way that sounds!