Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Told Them To Wear Pants

Emily, Jenna and I went out and around San Francisco Monday night for a load of fun together. I picked them up at the hotel and the three of us went to my soccer practice. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to play on the same side as them. Emily nutmegged me about a dozen times, which feels a little like being slapped in the face and Miss "I haven't played in like, 3 years" Jenna ran circles around me all night. In reality, I was just lowering my game to make them feel like they weren't out of their league.
After running around for an hour, we went to Taqueria Cancun on Mission Street for some wicked good burritos.

Buzzies w Emily & Jenna

From there, we drove around San Francisco. It's difficult to give a good tour of the city when it's 10:00 at night but it was the only opportunity we had together to drive around so I showed them as much as I could. I drove them through Golden Gate park where we saw absolutely nothing. Not the lake, not the polo fields, not the Conservatory of Flowers and not the Buffalo. Then I took them to Ocean Beach. I had to think twice about it since the two of them were wearing only shorts and a sweatshirt but then, I did tell them when I picked them up at the hotel that they should be wearing pants in case it was cold after--"Oh noooo" they said "we'll be fine". So I was just keeping them true to their word really. After raising their eyebrows at me, they finally agreed to walk out and touch the water. It's the Pacific Ocean for crying out loud!

Beach Emily
Beach Jenna

From there, we drove up past the Cliff House, past the Palace of Legion of Honor and over the Golden Gate Bridge, which it turned out they didn't realize we were driving across. Some tour guide I am. But I did take them up to the overlook, and made them walk all the way out to it. (I told you to put pants on!) If you've never been, this spot overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge is top notch. And if I could figure out how to use this darn camera my dad gave me, I'd have a really great photo of the two of them. Instead, I have a weird, blurry photo of two silhouettes overlooking the bridge. You'll have to take my word that it's really Emily and Jenna.

Bridge Girlz

After that we drove back over the bridge and I remembered to point out we were on it. We drove through the Marina district and down Lombard Street and I took them up and down some really steep San Francisco hills but was disappointed that they didn't even seem to notice. Where's the fun in that?

Finally, I took them back to the hotel before Nancy and Bill started to worry.

Bed Girlz

Nancy asked me to not post this photo on the blog but I think she was just kidding. Anyway, it's not half as bad as all the pictures I've posted of Jenna. Poor thing--hopefully she won't read this.

Bed Bill & nancy

It was a fun little tour around San Francisco but the best part was having the opportunity to be together with just us Girlz. We talked about everything as we drove and it was nice to really connect with each other and talk about things from the heart. For the first time in my life, I feel like I actually know Emily, and it turns out, Nancy was right. She IS pretty cool.

No comments: