Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tell me more, tell me more...........

Ahhh, Saturday. What could be better than waking up early and going to San Francisco to watch Kari play football, especially on a cold and foggy morning? As luck would have it, my alarm didn't go off, and mom wasn't sure whether she should wake us all up or not. As 8:00 rolled around she thought she better check in on me--Holy Moly!! We immediately had to snap into action to make it all the way to the polo fields for the 9:00 kick-off. I rushed to pack all my soccer things as well as some clothes to wear after the game when I was to go try on more wedding dresses. We made it to the game with 10 minutes to spare, and just in time to catch Heather wrapping Sharon's boobs up in duct tape. All you men out there reading this blog, let me know if you want her number!

Boob wrap

It was our first game of the season and, well, we didn't win, in spite of my fine form, but we've still got 9 games to go for our big comeback.

100_0039

By the time Mom, Andrea, Jo, Bob and I had gotten some peasant pies, warmed them up and eaten them at Tugso's and Greg's, showered Kari, blown two fuses blow drying my hair and driven over to the Presidio, Rob had just finished playing. Apparently, he was amazing so we were well sorry to miss it.

Rob and Bob caught a ride home with Kara so the ladies could go with me to try on some more wedding dresses. This time I went to a bridal salon that actually sells bridal gowns (as opposed to the first shop I went to that specialized in bridesmaids dresses that could also be made in white). It went surprisingly well here and I actually enjoyed myself. Luckily, mom took me to Old Navy on the way there to buy underwear (which, in my morning rush, I had forgotten to pack) and it was a good thing she did since Deb at the bridal salon was in the dressing room with me the whole time. We found one dress that was really pretty on me and gave me hope that I might actually look like a bride at my wedding.

Saturday night, the six of us went to one of Rob's and my favorite Karaoke spots--Do Re Mi Karaoke Studio in San Francisco. This place rules! You rent a private Karaoke studio and get to sing your hearts out in front of your family and friends. It really brings out the best in you. Bob, it turns out, is a closet performer and gave me a run for the money. I practically had to pry the mic from his hands to get a song in edgewise.

Fernando

Andrea, mom and I sang a few numbers we haven't sung together since mom was driving us to gymnastics in her old red Honda Accord including ABBA's "Super Trouper" and "I Just Fall In Love Again" by Anne Murray.

Andi & Mom
Bob and Jo belted out a cracking version "The Young Ones" by Cliff Richards. And we left mom in the dark when we sang Queen's classic rock opera "Bohemian Rhapsody".

100_0050

The evening's top single, however, was undoubtedly "Summer Lovin'" from the hit Broadway musical "Grease". This marks the first time that Andrea actually let sing the Olivia Newton John part and not the John Travolta lines. (I know you're all thinking to yourselves--how come Kari had to sing the John Travolta part when she's the blonde one? Andrea's older, that's how come.)

Rob, obviously, wins the award for being the hottest rock star, however.

100_0059

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Number please. And if I do get a date, may I borrow Rob's black rubber shirt?