Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Let's get quizzical

Tuesday night is quiz night at Martin Macks on Haight Street, San Francisco, so it was time for me to show my mum and dad that I actually listened to some of the teachers at school.
Greg and Tugso came along too just in case there were some Mongolian questions and we were also joined by Gary who turned out to be the brains of the team, he always acts like a "know it all", now I know he is.
After a very close 7 rounds of trivia, picture and music rounds, much to the absolute shock of my parents, we ended up winning the whole thing! I assured them it had nothing to do with he quizmaster being my friend Mark.
Here's a couple of questions we had to answer, leave your responses in the comments section.
1. Airforce one is the (idiot) president's plane, what kind of craft is Marine one? (Greg got this one).
2. Who fought in the Rumble in the Jungle?
3. How many times a day should you floss? (not a good question if you have 4 English people in your team. My dad asked "What's flossing?". I rest my case.

quizwinners

"We're number 1, we're number 1". Cue huge bucket of icey,sugary,orange energy drink being tipped over everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see.. I can't believe no one has bothered to comment and answer the questions. I think I'll answer so I can pretend I still go out to quiz nights. Or out at all. Sniff... I'll be all right.

1. Helicopter (geez, all you need to do is watch West Wing).
2. Ali/Foreman (I know this ONLY because Guy is such a sports freak that I gain incidental sports trivia via him having Sportscenter on often).
3. I'll guess 3 for flossing - after your 3 square meals from the food pyramid, right?