Sunday, April 10, 2005

Pami's Hullabaloo

And you thought the clock was ticking quickly for my wedding, well Parmjeet's is just around the corner! She and Iain are getting married on May 21 so it was definitely time for her bridal shower.
Her friends Meeta and Smruti did a marvelous job planning an afternoon in honor of Parmjeet beginning with a gorgeous buffet full of salads, asparagus, eggs and cinnamon rolls. Next we all wrote down one piece of advice for Parmjeet and she had to guess who it was from. She had no idea how wise her friends were but if she heeds our advice, she'll be well equipped to make a good wife.
Next we decorated headbands with flowers and ribbons--Meeta made a lovely one for Pami.
Pami-Shower

We continued with a portrait session during which we all had to draw a portrait of Pami. Unfortunately, she couldn't sit still and I believe this negatively affected the quality of our work. Her restlessness made little impact on our word game, however. During this game, we each had 5 minutes to make as many words as we could think of using the letters in PARMJEET KAUR RANDAHWA. There are about a million possibilities if you want to try. My personal favorites (thought of by people other than me, I regret to say) were Parakeet and Pajama.

Finally, she opened her gifts. I'm not going to show many of them here, lest I ruin any honeymoon surprises, but I think Iain will appreciate them quite a bit. Particularly this one.

Shower-Football-blog

Parmjeet is glowing with happiness and it was especially nice that her sister-in-law and mother could make it all the way from Florida. I also thought it was nice to meet some friends of hers that aren't soccer friends. I forget that people have those! Thanks to Meeta and Smruti for all their thoughfulness and generosity in making it a lovely afternoon.

Group-Shower

No comments: