Thursday, August 11, 2005

Going Bananas

Thanks Hartmut and Jennifer for making us bananas.

Kauai-BananaJoes02

Kauai-BananaJoes01

Banana Joes is one of the "better places on the island to get fresh fruit" and boy, were they right about that. We bought a load of it and made the most juicy and delicious fruit salad. I realized though, as I was putting the salad together, all the fruit was the same color. Mango, pineapple, star fruit--all yellow/orange color. Bruce would have liked it.
I also tried a fresh passion fruit and it was a pretty weird fruit to eat--sort of like a pomegrate with all the seeds in it but all held together with a clear gel. Very strange and what a burst of flavor! I'm still not sure whether or not I enjoyed it. But I sure enjoyed Banana Joe's.

Kauai-BananaJoes04

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that your Oakland life isn't interesting enought to post more regularly! I want to hear about commuting! Sideshows! Gunshots in the distance!