Thursday, February 17, 2005

Check's In The Mail

Anybody who knows me, and who has ever written me a check, knows that I am a checkbook balancer's worst nightmare. This is the problem with having direct deposit for your paycheck--when you actually receive a live check, you never feel like making a trip to the bank to deposit it. And if you sit on it for a while, by the time you do actually deposit it, it feels like free money, even if it's not.
Today, after countless phone calls from my mom, I finally went to the bank to deposit some checks. I thought this would be a nice olive branch since I've been giving her nightsweats with this wedding planning (and not planning) business. Mom's always happiest when she has something to worry about though and I just feel pleased that I have so much to offer towards her happiness right now.
Mom will be surprised to learn that her check was not the one I sat on the longest. That one belongs to the State of California and was my state tax return.
From 2003.

Kari ATM

No comments: