Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Mebel Madness

Today, I honored my presidents by doing some carpentry. Just over a year ago, our friends Peter, Agna and Jacek started a furniture company called Mebel Furniture (Mebel is Polish for "furniture") Peter, who builds all the prototypes for the company, is up against a tight deadline this week getting ready for a photo shoot and since both he and Agna graciously offered to help us with some wedding projects (or did we volunteer them?), I thought I could lend a hand as a down payment. Besides, it's been a long time since I've gotten to use my carpentry skills.
It turned out it was really fun for me. Peter gave me a project to finish a chair and then left me pretty much on my own, offering just the right amount of guidance and support.
He told me I did a good job--I guess I'll know for sure when I get their next catalog and the chair isn't in it.

Kari's working on chair
Evidence that I was indeed working

Mebel Chair
This is the chair. I pretty much made the whole thing apart from cutting the wood and assembling it.

Peter working on table
Peter helped out a bit too.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Y'all are my inspiration. Thanks for telling me about Blogspot and encouraging me to start my own! Love your blog. Love the pix. Love the updates. Miss you!!