Saturday, February 26, 2005

Fairy Godmother

Today my Godmother came to town. I know, it sounds like a fairy tale, but it's true. Nancy, my Godmother (who is also my dad's cousin) has come to San Francisco from Concord with her husband Bill, daughter Emily and Emily's good friend, Jenna. I went to get them at the Oakland Airport, we picked up some sandwiches and then came to our house to meet Rob and Ian. I knew these guys would properly appreciate the poodle since they have one of their own at home--also a black standard poodle, whose name is Sullivan.
They brought us an engagement gift that we both really love. It's a plaque to hang on the wall that has an antiqued look to it and says "Live well. Laugh often. Love much." It's a pefect prezzie for us.
After Bill napped on our couch, we all went to San Francisco to check them into their hotel and explore San Francisco. We took a small detour on the way, stopping off at Treasure Island where you get a fantastic view of the San Francisco Skyline.

Marstons Treasure Island
You'll have to trust me that behind all those smiling faces, is a really good view of the SF skyline.

We arrived at the Hotel Triton in time for their free wine and massage hour in the lobby. The four of them got a 5 minute neck and shoulder massage. According to Nancy, anyone who was on a plane for 10 hours that day was eligible so that pretty much eliminated Rob and I. As her punishment for not letting us get a neck massage, we are posting this photo of her getting one.

Nancy Massage 2

After they were all loosened up, we walked to North Beach for a nice dinner at Mona Lisa and then back to the hotel, walking through China Town.
Here are a couple images taken while browsing in shops on the way to North Beach. Rob and I actually bought some sunglasses but not quite as crazy as the ones featured here. Hopefully we'll need sunglasses tomorrow. Emily is really looking forward to me wearing my new ones in public.

Bill Glasses

Rob Glasses

Tomorrow we're hoping it doesn't rain so we can enjoy some time around Union Square and then head out to the Cliff House and Sutra Baths.

Rob's and my favorite quote of the evening:

"Nothing goes better than a well placed fart."
--Bill Marston

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope there won't be farts at this upcoming wedding and that no one will be wearing those sunglasses